The Genome Informatics Facility of the Iowa State University Office of Biotechnology provides bioinformatics services for investigators within academia, industry and government. Quality analysis starts with understanding the nuances of the biological question and the assumptions made by the sequencing platform informatics tools. Researchers who need significant bioinformatics expertise should consider collaborating with GIF staff on a grant proposal. Contact the facility for details.
- Grant text and grant review
- Facilities and equipment
- Data management plans
- Experimental design and methods
- Bioinformatic Analyses and Training
- Genome assembly and annotation
- Transcriptome assembly and annotation
- SNP/InDel calling
- RNA-seq analysis
- Introgression mapping
- Novel gene discovery
- Personalized GBrowse for data visualization
- Access to high performance computing
- Custom bioinformatic projects
- Protein, Metabolomic, etc
To request bioinformatics support or service, please email the facility at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the email the type of organism and the types of analyses envisioned. An appointment can then be made to further discuss the project.
Rate structure can be found on the Office of Biotechnology website.