Welcome to Genome Informatics Facility!
|Location||206 Science I|
|Hours||Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
Free Consultation Services
- Ask us to review of your grant and improve your odds of getting funding.
- Ask us for text for data management plans.
- Ask us for best practices for bioinformatics analyses.
- Ask us for advise on experimental design for NGS project.
- Ask us about the Postdoc Joint Appointment Award Program
The Genome Informatics Facility of the Iowa State University Office of Biotechnology provides bioinformatics services for investigators within academia, industry and government. Quality analysis starts with understanding the nuances of the biological question at hand and the assumptions made by informatics tools. For this reason, our staff works closely with researchers to provide the best solution to the biological inquiry.
- Genome assembly and annotation
- Transcriptome assembly and annotation
- SNP/InDel calling
- RNA-Seq analysis
- Introgression mapping
- Novel gene discovery
- Personalized GBrowse for data visualization
- Access to high performance computing
To request bioinformatics support or service please e-mail the facility at email@example.com. Include in the e-mail the type of organism and the types of analyses required.